- 1 tablespoon Cajun or Creole seasoning
- 24 (1 pound) cleaned large shrimp
- 3 ounces fully cooked Turkey/Chicken Andouille sausage (Applegate), very thinly sliced
- 1 medium zucchini (8 ounces each), sliced into 1/4-inch thick rounds
- 1 large red bell pepper, seeded and cut into thin strips
- 1 1/2 cups corn kernels
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh Italian parsley leaves
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup dry white wine, such as Pinot Grigio
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- In a medium bowl, combine the Cajun seasoning, salt, and pepper. Add the shrimp and toss to coat.
- Place 4 large (10 x 18-inch) pieces of heavy-duty aluminum foil on a flat surface.
- Divide the sausage, zucchini, bell peppers, and corn among the foil pieces, placing the vegetables in the center of each. Top each with shrimp (about 6), sprinkle each with 1 tablespoon of the parsley and 1 tablespoon of the basil.
- Drizzle each with 1 tablespoon of the wine and about 1/2 tablespoon of the oil. Fold each piece of the foil to form a packet, sealing tightly and leaving a little room inside for air to circulate in the packet. The packets may be refrigerated (or frozen) at this stage.
- To cook, preheat the oven to 425F. Arrange the packets on a baking sheet and cook until the shrimp is cooked through and the vegetables are crisp-tender, 13 minutes. Open the packets slowly, being careful of the hot steam. Transfer the shrimp, vegetables, and sauce that has accumulated to individual bowls or rimmed plates.
To freeze and heat:
- Place uncooked packets into sealable plastic bags, keeping them level and upright. (Two packets fit well into a gallon sized bag). Freeze for up to two (2) months. There is no need to thaw before cooking.
- Remove the frozen packets from the bags and place them on a baking tray in a cold oven set to 425F.
- Once oven comes to temperature, continue to cook for 35-40 minutes.
Yield: 4 Servings, Serving Size: 1 packet
- Amount Per Serving:
- Freestyle Points: 4
- Points +: 8
- Calories: 310 calories
- Total Fat: 12g
- Saturated Fat: g
- Cholesterol: 188.5mg
- Sodium: 1318mg
- Carbohydrates: 21g
- Fiber: 3.5g
- Sugar: 3g
- Protein: 29g