Yield: 12 servings (1 loaf)
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated white sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup low-fat, lemon- flavored yogurt
- 1/4 cup vegetable or canola oil
- 1 large egg
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1 cup fresh raspberries (or frozen)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a 9×5-inch loaf pan with non-stick spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together yogurt, oil, egg, egg whites, and lemon zest. Add wet ingredients to flour mixture and stir just until moistened. Gently fold in raspberries.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for 50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center of loaf comes out clean. Cool loaf in pan for 10 minutes. Remove from pan and let cool completely before slicing.
Tips: If the loaf begins to brown during baking, cover the loaf lightly with a piece of foil until finished. This will prevent it from darkening too much.
- Nutritional Information per serving (Serving size: 1/12th of the loaf) Calories: 170, Fat: 5.5g, Saturated Fat: .63g, Sugar: 8.91g, Fiber: 1.18g, Protein: 4g, Cholesterol: 18.5mg, Carbohydrates: 26.4g
- 6 Smartpoints